Cauliflower has been trending as a popular vegetable for a few years, but I sure haven’t tried all the different ways. You will see an earlier post for Cauliflower Pizza Crust, but here is another idea for adding vegetables to your diet.
Cauliflower Crumbles® “Fried Rice”
Serves 8 (1/2 cup each). Prep Time: 10 Minutes
All you need:
1 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (16 oz) bag Green Giant™ Fresh Cauliflower Crumbles® “Fried Rice” Blend
1 tsp garlic salt
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp soy sauce, gluten-free
1 tbsp Hoisin sauce. gluten-free
2 green onions, sliced
All you do:
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently until garlic begins to brown.
- Add “Fried Rice” Blend and garlic salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Stir in egg; stir constantly 2 to 3 minutes until egg is scrambled and incorporated into vegetables.
- Stir in soy sauce and Hoisin sauce; mix well.
- Garnish with green onions.
Source: adapted from Green Giant
Nutrition per serving: 50 calories, 2.5g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 480mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g sugars, 2g protein. Daily Values: 20% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 2% iron.